Brother Printer - Scanner error code 48
Cause: - There is a problem on the print head.
Solution: -The problem with the print head can really affect the fluent working of your printer. Thus, resolving this issue is quite necessary. We have mentioned some steps for you to resolve the issue of printer head.
- You have to disconnect your Brother Printer first.
- Now, open up the scanner cover and look inside the device.
- All you have to do is to look for a piece of debris or paper jam inside your printer.
- After performing this step, you can easily pull out the drum unit.
- If by any chance you have more than one ink cartridges, then repeat the same steps for each of them.
(Note: You have to make sure that the paper is not blocking the print head.)
- Now, move your printer to left or to right to confirm for a piece of debris.
(Note: If the print head is already in the left side, move it to centre.)
- Check for all the unknown objects inside the printer.
- Close the scanner cover and
- Put the power on back on the device.
- Make sure the encoder is clear.
- And, if the error persists. Check whether the Print head is on the right side or not. If it is on the right side then, put the power cord back on the printer.
- When the LCD shows the Cover is Open, at that time press and hold the Exit button at least for 5 seconds.
- As the print head moves back to middle, disconnect the power cable.
- Remove the foreign objects that struck inside the printer.
- Close the Scanner Cover and put back the power cables back to the wall outlet. If the error continues, clean the encoder strip.