Brother Printer - Scanner error code 42
Cause: - The internal temperature is too low or too high.
Solution: -Excessive use of printers can lead to overheating. This may harm the printer. It is advised to resolve the issue as soon as you can.
Follow the below written steps to overcome this problem and continue working:
- You have to switch off the power supply button of your machine.
- Now, gently press down the front cover and open it. You have to pull it towards you.
- Now, hold the green handle of drum unit.
- Pull out the drum unit out.
(Note: To open green lock, turn the lever at the left and when the machine counter clock-wise releases its position. Now, hold the green handles of the drum unit, and lift the front of the drum unit and remove.)
- Place the toner cartridge(s) on a clean and flat surface on a piece of paper to avoid the spilling of ink underneath.
- Brother strongly recommends that customers must only use Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that exactly a match to each of our individual toner formulations. So, it is advised to use only Brother Drum units and toner cartridges.
- Using components of same company is to ensure quality and reliability.
- And, using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality, and machine reliability. )