When it's Not a Paper Jam, but Displays Epson Error 0xEA & Scraping Sound? How to Fix?
If you bought a new Epson printer for enhancing your work skills, then you have made the right choice. These Epson printers offer more features than other printer brands. No wonder, they have such a large customer base across the globe. But sometimes these printers can really annoy you by displaying Epson printer error code 0xEA.
Therefore, we decided to mention some solutions for eliminating this error along with all the probable reasons responsible for Epson printer error 0xEA.
Plausible Reasons Causing Epson printer error 0xEA
- Some packaging material is stuck inside and causing trouble.
- Ink cartridges are not installed properly and making scratching sound.
- The con figuration of ink cartridges is not right, thus causing Epson error code 0xEA.
- Nozzle of ink cartridge covered with foam.
Here, moving on towards the solutions to resolve the Epson error code 0xEA. Now, without wasting time, let’s start.
Procedure to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Error 0XEA
Step 1: Manually fix Epson error 0xEA
You have to open the printer and check it thoroughly so that there are no foreign objects inside it.
Also, check the seating of ink cartridges and ensure that they are seated properly. If not then take them out carefully and position them gently back into their slots until you hear click sound.
Restart your printer and try to print a sample document to verify whether the error sis till present or gone.
Continue using next solution if this one is not working.
Step 2: Use Smart Troubleshooter Tool
The smart troubleshooter tool is very popular tool for fixing the Epson error code 0xEA. It will also help you in fixing other small issues as well. The smart troubleshooter will help in cleaning the registry printer errors and resolve error automatically, once found out.
If the error still continues then you can jump to next step for resolving Epson error 0Xea.
Step 3: Reinstall Cartridges in Epson Printer
Resetting your Epson ink cartridges can help you in removing Epson error 0xEA. You have to follow the steps:
- Switch on your Epson printer.
- You have to lift the scanner unit upwards.
- Press the stop button.
- Again press on the cartridges and lift them up.
- Make sure to keep it straight while removing it.
- Now, check whether or not anything is stuck between the cartridges.
- You have to insert the cartridges again and press it downwards till you hear a sound of clicking.
- Now, lower the scanner unit.
- Press the stop button and move back the print head to its position.
- Your Epson printer will flash the light and when the flashing of light stops, ink charging will be complete.
Step 4: Using Epson Repair Tool for error 0xEA
- The first step is to download and install the Epson 0xEA tool on your device connected with Epson printer.
- Click on scan now option.
- Wait for some time and let scanning process get completed without any hindrance.
- Press on the option of fix button, to fix the error.
- Once, you are done with fixing error, you have to restart your Epson printer and try to print a test document.
If the Epson error 0xEA still continues, then don’t hesitate asking for expertise assistance. Contact us!
At the End
We assume by now, you have finally learned how to fix Epson error 0xEA with scratching sound. The above discussed methods are not complex but make sure to try them one by one with a period difference of few hours if the previous solutions doesn’t work out well.