How to Make Your Epson Printer Work With Error Code 0x9a?
Epson is a very popular brand, especially for its printer. The Epson printers are reliable, good in printing, high-quality imaging, portable sizes, and a lot more than that. Epson printers have evolved themselves with time and now can do multitasking easily making users work easier and time-saving. But it is a machine and like every other machine it has its own flaws.
But first, let’s know about all the plausible reasons responsible for causing Epson error 0x9a.
Probable Causes following Error Code 0x9a
There are several reasons responsible for causing Epson error code 0x9a. Here they are:
- A paper jamming problem in your printer.
- A blocked Print head.
- Improper shutdown of your PC.
- Unfinished installation or uninstallation process.
- A faulty carriage motor.
Moving forward, we will know more about the different alternatives you can use to eradicate Epson printer error code 0x9a.
Solution 1: Power Reset the Epson Printer
- Cancel all the pending print jobs.
- Disconnect all the USB cables and other cords connected to it.
- Make sure you disconnected your printer and PC as well.
- Open your printer and check for paper if stuck inside.
- Carefully, remove and reinsert the ink cartridges.
- Reconnect all the cables and cords and connect the PC with your printer.
Try printing a test document to check whether Epson printer error code 0x9a is eliminated yet. If the error still persists you can move on to next method.
Method 2: Turn Your Printer On and Off
- Turn off your Epson printer.
- Remove the connected cables.
- Wait for 2-3 minute.
- Now, press the on/off button for a minute.
- Make sure to keep pressing the button while connecting the cords (at the same time).
- For one more minute, keep pressing the on/off button and then finally release it.
- Plug your PC and printer.
Check whether the error code 0x9a still persists or not. If yes, go for another method as mentioned below
Method 3: Clean Clogged Printer Heads
- Switch off your Epson printer
- Disconnect the power cables from the main power source.
- Open the printer case/cover.
- Take a dry cotton cloth and clean the print head thoroughly and carefully.
- Make sure to use any cleaning liquid containing ammonia.
- Ensure to wipe the place under the print head as well.
- Let it be dry and leave it for up to 12 hours.
Method 4: Using the Windows Troubleshooter and Installing Drivers
- Search for Windows troubleshooter in the search box near the start button.
- Click on it to open it.
- Let it find out the problem causing Epson error code 0x9a wf-3640.
- And, if it shows missing or pending installations then complete them
- Right-click on the Windows menu icon and select the device manager.
- Go to printer option.
- Now, right-click on the printer causing problem.
- Further, choose the option to update drivers.
Finally, we assume you have learned all the possible ways to resolve Epson error code 0x9a. Well, it is not a complex method to solve the error if done right. So, don’t hesitate if you are unable to solve the error problem, as we are always here to help!